AUSSIE EXCAVATORS PLANT HIRE PTY LTD (ACN 164 004 148) including, but not limited to any related body corporate, any subsidiary or associated entity and as trustee of any trust from time to time (individually and together called “Aussie”) are referred to as “we”, “our”, or “us” in this notice.
The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) contains Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”) which set out standards, rights, and obligations in relation to the handling, holding, accessing, and correction of personal information. Under APP 5 – Notification of the collection of personal information, we must take reasonable steps, before or at the time we collect personal information, to notify you of certain matters or to ensure that you are aware of those matters.
Who is collecting your personal information?
Your personal information is being collected by Aussie. Our Privacy Officer handles enquiries and requests relating to our handling of personal information and can be contacted if you have any questions about our management of personal information or compliance with the Privacy Act:-
Aussie Excavators Plant Hire Pty Ltd
529 Redland Bay Road
CAPALABA QLD 4157
By telephone: (07) 3206 2800
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Collection of your personal information
We will collect your personal information from you directly whenever it is reasonable and practical to do so. There are a number of ways we may collect your personal information, including when you:
• Submit information through our website
• Deal with us face-to-face, in writing (by letter, facsimile, or email), or by telephone
• Participate in any of our events or promotions, or subscribe to any of our publications
• Submit an application, quote, purchase order and/or service request to us
• Visit our website (such as through the use of ‘cookies’ to record the way you use our website)
• In the course of supplying products and services to you, or through our other dealings with you
Where we outsource our functions to third party service providers, those providers may also collect personal information from you on our behalf. In some cases we may collect your personal information from publicly available records, our related bodies corporate, or non-related third parties.
Collection of your personal information from third parties
The kinds of third parties we may collect your personal information from may include:
• From your employer, in relation to products or services we supply to your employer as our contractor or as our customer
• From an individual or entity who may be providing services to you as our contractor
• From a third party who supplies us with products or services, including our suppliers, agents and advisors
• From a third party (such as a trade referee or credit reporting body) to assist us in assessing your application for credit. For example, to verify the information you have provided
to us or to assess your circumstances
• Where we need information from your current or former employer to assist us in assessing your job application or expression of interest as a contractor
• From a third party to assist us in locating or communicating with you
• From a third party to otherwise assist us in supplying you with products or services
The purpose of collecting your personal information
We collect, use, and disclose personal information reasonably necessary for our business purposes. Those purposes may include:
• Supplying our customers with products and services
• Managing the supply of our products and services (including processing invoices, receipts and payments)
• Managing relationships with our customers and stakeholders
• Responding to enquiries about applications, accounts, and our products and services (including through our technical publications and catalogues)
• Assessing credit applications and/or guarantees (which may involve disclosures to trade referees or credit reporting bodies for those purposes)
• Conducting checks for credit worthiness and/or fraud
• Assessing job applications or expressions of interest from potential contractors (which may involve verifying identity and/or work history for those purposes) and managing
relationships with our contractors
• Assessing and investigating insurance claims or risks
• Dealing with complaints
• Ensuring safety on our work sites
• Conducting research, development, and marketing (including direct marketing)
• Debt collection, confidential dispute resolution, legal proceedings, or otherwise establishing, exercising or defending a legal or equitable claim
• Complying with legal and regulatory requirements. There are various Australian laws which require us to collect and/or disclose your personal information including the Personal
Property Securities Act 2009 and laws governing State and Territory real property and security interests (for example, to register and search for security interests).
We may also use or disclose your personal information for another purpose related to the primary purposes set out above. For example, we may use the information you have already given us to supply you with further products and services. However we will only use or disclose information for another purpose with your consent or if you would reasonably expect us to do so.
What may happen if we do not collect your personal information?
If we do not collect your personal information we may be unable to provide you with our products or services, grant credit terms to you, process or assess your application, finalise payment of products or services you have ordered, deliver products you have ordered, or otherwise do business with you or an entity you are connected with.
Who will we disclose your personal information to?
We may disclose your personal information to our related bodies corporate and third parties for the purposes set out above. The third parties to whom we may disclose your personal information include:
• The manufacturers, suppliers, and contractors we use in our business
• Insurers, assessors, and underwriters
• Professional advisors and consultants (such as lawyers, accountants, and auditors)
• Debt collectors
• Your guarantors and security providers
• Credit reporting bodies, credit providers and other information providers
• Government and regulatory authorities (as required by law)
• Website hosts
• Organisations that assist us in research and development
• Third party service providers to whom we outsource some of our functions
Access to and correction of your personal information
Overseas disclosures of your personal information
We are not likely to disclose the personal information we collect and hold about you to an overseas recipient.